Being a parent-one of the things, you have to do is laugh, sometimes instead of crying, it’s best to laugh. My sister always tells me to “keep it in perspective” when I am having a mom “moment” because I think the worst but always hope for the best. I wanted to share some of the funniest quotes that I have heard regarding parenting. Hope you enjoy!
- “The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.” – Lane Olinghouse
- “Having children is like living in a frat house – nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” Quote by Ray Romano
- “It’s like no one in my family appreciates that I stayed up all night overthinking for them.” Anonymous
- “Being a mom means kids banging on the bathroom door like SWAT, asking for a drink while you’re in the shower. AND Dad is in the kitchen.” @SarcasticMommy4
- “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.” – Phyllis Diller
- Never let your mom brush your hair when she’s
mad at your dad.
- “My mother’s menu consisted of two choices: Take it or Leave it” Quote by Buddy Hackett
- Guilt management can be just as important as
time management for mothers.
– Sheryl Sandberg
- “Having a child is liking getting a tattoo…on your face. You better be committed.” – Eat Pray Love
- “I love cleaning up messes I didn’t make. So I became a Mom.” – Unknown
- “A baby changes your dinner party conversation from politics to poops.” Quote by Maurice Johnston
Parenting is so many things but for me It’s all that I have learned from my son, to be more. I have to tell you though, through this journey, I have had to learn to laugh at myself a lot. Plus, I have learned to be more patience and I think these quotes highlight some of the things all parents go through. Sharing your thoughts to other parents I find is beneficial. We laugh at our mistakes and talk through how to do better the next time. Find other parents willing to laugh and help through this mad life of raising children.
Also, share your quote with us.